Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Two Poems on Sacred Rhythms and Service

Being a monk, an artist and a mystic

I cook, clean, fold laundry and pay bills while listening to God
The daily rhythms ebb and flow nurtured by silence
Now I can listen to my muse while freeing my hands of structure and confinement
The rules fade from my mind and I try new things
Daily I create not judging but investing in my craft
It feeds my spirit making the daily rhythms deeper and awakening
The Holy Spirit illuminates me through the day
God’s presence fills my whole being
My soul finds rest in the quiet mystery
Life moves from drudgery to adventure
Creating space and widening the borders
Possibilities Abound!!!
Written January 17, 2012

 Holy Service 

In my world this means:
Let the Spirit lead
Allow Compassion and Gentleness to Speak
Sit and Listen
Create Space for God
In all things regardless of importance:
Be mindful
Pay close attention
Do not rush
Slow down and let the creativity freely pour

Written March 24, 2012 


These poems were inspired by the book and class by Christine Valters Painter, The Artist's Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom; visit http://abbeyofthearts.com/books/ for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment