Friday, January 2, 2015

Days 16 and 17: Homeward Bound

It is Monday morning, I load the car with more than I came with(can't escape my mother-in-law's getting rid of stuff although this time I did get a piece of luggage which will prove useful) and then say good-bye.  Scranton, Wilkes-Barre,  Harrisburg and east to Gettysburg, no time for touring but I stop at the outlet mall and walk around.  I find some slippers for Allan and also buy him some pumpkin cookies from Gertrude Hawk's store.  Back in the car and over to I-95 to meet up with the rush hour traffic and enjoy another night with Allan's brother and his wife.

Eat, sleep and then it is down west through Central VA and then down I-81 to Johnson City where I enjoy a friend's generous hospitality including a delicious Japanese dinner at one of the new restaurants.  She enjoys hearing about all of my adventures and then I listen to her tell me about her upcoming trip to Haiti.


View from a Virginia Rest Stop 

No comments:

Post a Comment