Saturday, February 22, 2020

Revolutionary Lent

Much  has changed in my life since I wrote the blogpost, https://livingintomycalling.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-different-kind-of-lent-heading.html, six years ago.  I would invite you to read that blog post and the subsequent blog posts of 2014 if you would like to know more of the story.

In the  past few days though,  I have realized how much I been broken open and transformed over the past several months.  New people and new places have come into my life.  I have found courage to take risks.   My contemplative art has been featured in a  show, I have had several workshops and now I have become a member of a co-operative office where I go everyday to work on my marketing and my writing.
Now as Lent approaches, I hear the call to be apart of a return to the ancient observance of the 100 days from Transfiguration-Easter.  It is a call not just to be faithful to my own inner journey but to join with others in the prayer, "May we all be one," Alexander John Shaia.  It is a call to love and to participate in theosis not atonement.
More thoughts on this to follow as my adventures of new marketing, being in a new office, building new relationships and participating  as the  100 days continue.

However, it is not about a new podcast or a new book or a new website but about as I read the story of Transfiguaration in Matthew this evening, I heard the words, "Listen to Him. "  I need to listen to Jesus the Christ and as the title of this blog states, live into my calling and go forward not run from it or avoid it but listen knowing that as Dr. Shaia puts it, "out of the darkness comes the new radiance."  For me that new radiance has brought my work for 2020, "Wonder", to life, I continue to be in awe of the grace and friendliness offered to me as I enter new circles and try new things.

For more about  Alexander John Shaia's work, visit http://www.quadratos.com./.

No comments:

Post a Comment