Thursday, October 31, 2013

God is the Mixing of the Colors

This past weekend in a class I attended; we were given the assignment of thinking and writing about our image of God.  At first I struggled with trying to come up with an image.  At first I only thought of ideas; God as presence or God is mystery.  I thought of God in my books but that didn't seemed to fit because my books are something that leads me to God not necessarily an image of God.  God can be presence and mystery but again those are words that represent the indescribable and the unexplained.  So then I realized the question for me was;  where is God most alive in my life right now; what draws me closer and fuels this relationship.
So after a little less than 24 hours; it hit me; my art is where God is  most alive.  Yet God somehow wasn't the art and later as I meditated; it came to me; God is in the mixing of the colors because it is in the mixing of the colors I experience God's creation anew.  However; my image of God was still not done; it was going to change one more time as I wrote it down.  When I finished writing; I read what I wrote and instead of saying God is in the mixing of the colors; I had written God is the mixing of the colors.
  As I pondered this; I realized that this image fit for this season of my life.  As someone who has had no formal training in art; all of my art represents God's work within me.  Therefore; since I do not use any formulas nor are the colors ever same;  God is the mixing of the colors because the mixing of the colors is always a new creation.  The possibilities God offers are endless.  They are fresh each and everyday.  As it says in Lamentations; "his mercies are new every morning and they never fail," God is the mixing of colors; always calling forth a new creation within us.
Where is God most alive in your life right now; what image cries out to you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment