Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent Day 2 - "Bound"

Bound 

I took a picture of this pile of ribbon and stuff for the word bound; because I often think of myself as tangled up.  I get tangled up in the details of life and let them lead me a stray.  Being bound for me is the opposite of expecting Jesus; when I am waiting for Jesus; I am free because I am letting the Holy Spirit lead me.  When I am bound; I have taken my eyes off of the Holy Spirit and lost my focus; instead I am looking for easier ways to cope and things to satisfy my own passions.  I am preoccupied with my own agendas and not really listening to the people and things around me that are calling me to God.  Asking to be filled with the Holy Spirit is a daily necessity as a follower of Jesus.  It doesn't mean we won't get tangled or lost but we will not stay stuck but keep moving forward.  So for today ask yourself; where am I bound and how I can let God free me?  Not only do we need to let God free us daily but also we need to let go of others.  Perhaps our rules and traditions are keeping others in our lives from knowing how much Jesus loves them; perhaps just for today we can let go and let God take care of them.  "Bound"; no we did not need to stay in bound in sin but we need to let the Holy Spirit bind our hearts and minds to Jesus Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment