Sunday, December 8, 2013

Advent Day 6 AWAKE

AWAKE


I don't know about you but most days I would have a hard time staying awake if it weren't for caffeine; sometimes its coffee; other days tea or something fancy like a latte.  Caffeine is what keeps me alert to do all the things I need to get done in one day.  So what keeps me awake for God? What allows me to see God in the ordinary?  Spending regular time in prayer; study, fellowship and worship keep me awake.  This is not to say that I am always perfectly disciplined during these practices but the majority of the time as long as I show up and offer God my best ; He honors that.  I have learned too that when I having trouble staying awake if I am honest with God; things go much better.  For some people having a certain place to show up helps them; for me it is the opposite when I mix things up; I am more awake to God; sometimes it's painting and other days it's silence or reading. 

                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment