Saturday, January 4, 2014

Focus 2014

It is the 4th day of the New Year and the 11th day of Christmas.  Today; I am so thankful that I have a loving and forgiving God because somehow the best of my intentions to blog everyday during Advent and Christmas did not happen; I only made it to Day 6.  However, God does desire us to be faithful in using our gifts to serve Him.  So as I prayed about this; I was given the word; FOCUS for 2014.

2012 was the year of Risk as the Holy Spirit led me to try new things.  2013 was the year of listening as the Holy Spirit guided me into a more specific direction and now as that direction is taking more shape; 2014 is the year of focus.

Focus as defined by the dictionary can mean to pay particular attention to or being able to see more clearly. However, the definition that fits best for this year is center of interest or activity because God desires me to live into my calling by following Her guidance and thereby experiencing Her freedom.

Here is my prayer for 2014:

Lord

Free my mind of clutter
Open my heart to your love
Cleanse my soul of sin
Unify my spirit
Show me your  path

So watch for more book reviews and new posts on a variety of subjects as I continue to try by the Spirit's help live into my calling.

How are you going to live into your calling in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment